The Nashville Film Institute mission statement is to train students for a career in the film industry.
The NFI Scholarship program will award one (1) $21,800 (full tuition) to an eligible candidate per year.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
In order to be eligible for consideration, those applying for a NFI Scholarship must:
- Graduated (or in the process of graduating) high school with a minimum 3.25/4.00 GPA or equivalent
- Have applied for admission to NFI for the Cinema Production Program.
- Have met the admissions requirements for the Cinema Production Program.
- Begin their program on one of the following start dates: July or October 2020
- Provide Hardship documentation; such as- previous year tax return, W2’s (student and parent, if applicable), proof of Government Assistance (welfare, unemployment, ssi).
- Complete and submit the application prior to starting the Cinema Production Program.
- Complete the required essays. In each essay, we want to hear your genuine voice. Think carefully about your values, passions, aims, and dreams. There is no “right answer” to these questions—the best answer is the one that is truest for you.
Essay A: What matters most to you, and why?
- For this essay, we would like you to reflect deeply and write from the heart. Once you’ve identified what matters most to you, help us understand why. You might consider, for example, what makes this so important to you? What people, insights, or experiences have shaped your perspectives?
Essay B: Why NFI?
- Describe your aspirations and how your NFI experience will help you realize them.
Length: Both essays combined may not exceed 1,150 words. We recommend up to 750 words for Essay A and up to 400 words for Essay B. We often find effective essays written in far fewer words.
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
- 2 Letters of Recommendation from 2 different people unrelated to the applicant. One (1) letter must come from a member of the Film Industry (i.e: mentor, client (current or former), coworker).
HOW TO APPLY
- Prospective students can apply for the scholarship online at www.NFI.edu/scholarships
- Scholarship applications must be submitted a minimum of 4 weeks (28 days) prior to the intended start date at NFI.
- Students that pass the initial screen will be interviewed by the Scholarship Committee; interviews will be conducted via video chat to afford all students equal opportunity
- Recipient will be notified by the Financial Aid department prior to the beginning of the program, provided the eligibility requirements above are met.
- Scholarship will be disbursed throughout students’ academic year, equally divided between payment periods as applicable.
- Certain changes in a student’s enrollment could impact his or her ongoing eligibility for scholarship awards (examples include but are not limited to: satisfactory academic progress,
interruption of training). The student must keep a 95% attendance rate and a 85% GPA throughout the program.
- A student who elects to withdraw or who is withdrawn by the school will forfeit future scholarship disbursements and eligibility.
- Funds from the Hardship Scholarship may only be used toward the tuition of the Cinema Production Program at NFI.
- The scholarship is nontransferable and has no redeemable cash value.
- Financial aid is available for those who qualify