More than 30% of our students are military veterans.
(Source: 2016 Enrollment Statistics)
GI BILL AT NFI
At Nashville Film Institute, we help veterans build careers in the film industry. Our team of instructors, students, alumni, and community partners, provides a support system that empowers veterans to realize their career goals. Our 9-month, hands-on program gives our students a clear mission and puts them both in the field and in action.
Use the GI Bill to Start Your Career as a Filmmaker
The GI Bill can cover both living expenses and the cost of tuition. The NFI program is approved by the Tennessee State Agency for training veterans and their eligible dependents. Our program is Post 9/11 GI Bill and Vocational Rehab eligible for those who qualify.
“NFI offered me a support system of students and instructors to help me pursue what I want to do.”
— Elijah Light U.S. Army Veteran & Professional Filmmaker, NFI Alumni through the Post 9/11 GI Bill
HOW TO USE YOUR GI BILL FOR NFI TUITION AND FEES
- Submit your DD214 – Member 4 to the Financial Aid Office (in person or via email- [email protected])
- Go to https://www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply/
- Applying for new benefit (never used it before) OR
- Update program or place of training (if you have used VA benefits at another school)
- Answer all questions
- Click “apply now”
- Start the education application
- Sign in with your VA credentials
- Complete the Application and submit
- Within 2-8 weeks you will receive a “Certificate of Eligibility” (COE), submit to the Financial Aid Office (in person or via email- [email protected])