The Nashville Film Institute mission statement is to train students for a career in the film industry.
The High School Scholarship program will award one (1) $5000 scholarship to an eligible student twice per year.
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
In order to be eligible for consideration, those applying for a NFI Scholarship must:
- Graduated (or in the process of graduating) high school with a minimum 3.0/4.0 GPA or equivalent
- Have applied for admission as a high school senior to NFI’s Cinema Production Program.
- Have met the entrance requirements for the Cinema Production Program.
- Have completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (www.fafsa.ed.gov) and reviewed their Federal Student Aid Report with the NFI Financial Aid Officer.
- Have completed the Enrollment/Financial Aid process and demonstrated need, calculated by a need-based formula.
- 2 Letters of Recommendation from either: one (1) Teacher, one (1) Guidance Counselor, or one (1) Client (current or former) in the film industry.
SCHOLARSHIP MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS
Maintain 85% GPA and 95% attendance during their education at NFI (if GPA falls below 85% OR attendance rate falls below 95% during academic tenure, scholarship disbursement will pause).
HOW TO APPLY
- Prospective students can apply for the scholarship online at www.NFI.edu/scholarships
- Scholarship applications must be submitted a minimum of 4 weeks (28 days) prior to the intended start date at NFI.
- Recipients will be notified by the Financial Aid Officer prior to beginning their cinema program, provided eligibility requirements above are met.
- Scholarship will be disbursed throughout students’ academic year, equally divided between payment periods as applicable.
- Applicants must have applied as a new student to NFI.
- An interruption of training, or withdrawal may result in a cancellation of scholarship award and disbursement(s). Students must understand that a change of student status may impact student eligibility.
- The final award of the scholarship is contingent upon receipt of all required Admissions and Financial Aid documents by your start date.
- Students who delay their start date may forfeit eligibility.
- Funds from the High School Scholarship may be used only toward the tuition of the Cinema Production program.
- The scholarship is nontransferable and has no redeemable cash value.
- Financial aid is available for those who qualify.