The Nashville Film Institute mission statement is to train students for a career in the film industry.
NFI’s student community and learning is greatly enhanced by strong and capable students who help their peers. In that vein, NFI is committed to offering the best and brightest students (and in particular those with financial need) access to scholarships to increase affordability of their education.
The Student Achievement Scholarship Program will award up to $15,000 to eligible students per year. Scholarship amount will be $2500 (up to 6 scholarships per year).
MINIMUM ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
In order to be eligible for consideration, those applying for a Student Achievement Scholarship should:
- Graduated (or in the process of graduating) high school with a minimum 3.0/4.0 GPA or equivalent
- Have completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (www.fafsa.ed.gov) and reviewed their Federal Student Aid Report with the NFI Financial Aid Officer.
- Have completed the Financial Aid process and demonstrate need, calculated based on a need-based formula.
SCHOLARSHIP MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS
Maintain 85% GPA and 95% attendance during their education at NFI (if GPA falls below 85% OR attendance rate falls below 95% during academic tenure, scholarship disbursement will pause).
HOW TO APPLY
- Prospective students can apply for the scholarship online at www.NFI.edu/scholarships
- Scholarship applications must be submitted a minimum of 4 weeks (28 days) prior to the intended start date at NFI.
- Recipients will be notified by the Financial Officer via email provided eligibility requirements above are met.
- Scholarship will be disbursed throughout students’ academic year, equally divided between payment periods as applicable.
- Funds from the Student Achievement Scholarship may be used only toward the tuition of the Cinema Production Program.
- Scholarship paid in 2 equal disbursements. Scholarship is removed from financial aid awards if a student does not graduate.
- The student must remain in good academic standing until graduation.
- The scholarship is nontransferable and has no redeemable cash value.
- Financial aid is available for those who qualify.